The treatment of sports-related problems has grown over recent years due to the vast increase in leisure activities and the interest in sport and fitness. Sports Promotion throughout the world has encouraged much more people to get involved in sports which have lead to an increase, not only in sports injury treatments but also in the use of sports therapy to avoid them.
- Postural Assessments identifies any imbalances that may be causing (or likely to cause) musculoskeletal problems. Using a variety of unique bodywork techniques combined with stretching and strengthening exercises, we can assist in improving your posture. Postural improvements can help with sporting performance and general health and wellbeing.
- Injury Treatments and Rehabilitation: once we have identified your problem, we will tailor a bespoke treatment incorporating some or all of the modalities: manual therapy, remedial therapy, massage, stretching, electro-therapy, Acupuncture, Kinesiology, taping, lifestyle and stress management.
- Sports Massage: this is used to help to keep muscles supple and toned. It helps to keep joints mobile and helps to improve sporting performance and flexibility. Pre-event sports massage can help to reduce the risk of injury from sprains, strains and muscle tears.
- Remedial Massage: often referred to as ‘deep tissue massage’, our remedial massage techniques are used to help alleviate muscular problems, and can assist with reduction of pain, increase range of movement in joints, and rid the muscles of scar tissue. Whiplash, repetitive strain injury, and back pain are some of the problems successfully treated.
- Exercise Therapy: is used for post injury rehabilitation, to help improve performance and ensure your speedy return back to sport, exercise or activity. Once we have identified your problem, we can use manual therapy techniques and offer lifestyle changes to enhance the effectiveness of this approach.
Sports Therapy has also become widely used in the corporate world, as a way for companies to assess and treat many work-related problems, such as back pain and what is commonly known as ‘repetitive strain injury’.
The benefits of the above treatments are amazing. We have seen fantastic results treating people with the following problems:
- Muscular aches and pains
- Digestive disorders
- Bad circulation
40 min – £45.00
60 min – £55.00
90 min – £75.00